Saturday, November 10, 2012

What I learnt from #NYLA12 (part I)

Due to a number of reasons, I failed to publish my interviews during the conference.

Below is a piece of interview (in two parts) I conducted on Friday morning, in which some of my fellow students, including Mia Breitkopf, Kusturie Moodley and Nick Berry, talked about what they learnt from the "eBooks and Beyond" panel given by George Needham. The central topic of their discussion is about a point during the presentation that whether US LIS education should come back to the 4-year bachelor model, which was adopted many years ago, based on Ken Haycock and Brooke Sheldon's The Portable MLIS.

This model is actually adopted by South Africa (where Kusturie comes from) and China. So you can hear Kusturie's description about how this model is implemented in her country from this interview.

Interview part I:
http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/16926253/LIS_education

Interview part II:
http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/16926254/LIS_Education_2

In the following post(s), I will talk about what I learnt from this conference. 

1 comment: